In preparation for the 2021-2022 school year, please find links to the School Supply Lists as provided by Coast Mountains School District schools.
Please reference the additional notations detailed below.
- Suwilaawks Community School and Thornhill Primary School provide classroom supplies to students for a fee. Parents/Guardians will be provided information during the first week of school.
- Caledonia Secondary School (Grades 10-12), Hazelton Secondary School (Grades 9-12), Kitimat City High School and Mount Elizabeth Middle/Secondary School (Grades 9-12) provide information relating to classroom supplies to students during the first week of school.
Should you require further information during the summer months, please contact Carole Gagnon, Executive Assistant at the Board of Education Office at (250) 638-4401 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please contact your school during the last week of August 2021 for assistance.
We look forward to Coast Mountains’ students return to school on September 7, 2021.
Have a wonderful summer!
For your information … please note the 2021 District-Wide School Summer Closure is scheduled from 8:30 a.m., Monday, July 12 through to 12:00 noon, Monday, August 23 to accommodate maintenance activities during that time.
- FOB access for teaching staff will be turned off at 8:30 a.m., Monday, July 12 through to 12:00 noon, Monday, August 23.
- Staff that may require access during the 2021 District-Wide School Summer Closure, should contact their School Principal for assistance.
- School Principals will continue to have FOB access during the summer closure period.
A friendly reminder … Coast Mountains School District is not accepting any Community Use of School Facilities and Grounds bookings until mid-September 2021 pending the Provincial Health Officer’s regulations.
Should you have questions or you require additional information, please contact your School Principal for assistance. External organizations are kindly asked to contact our Director of Facility Services, Rob Schibli at (250) 638-4405 for assistance.
Hello families of Hazelton Secondary School.
We are announcing that Northern Health has offered to come to our school on Friday, June 11th to provide our students with the opportunity to get their vaccinations. This is strictly a voluntary option that is being provided by Northern Health. Below you will find information on what it will look like, as well as some information on the vaccine, itself, how to deal with side effects brought on by the shot and an In-school clinic notice from Northern Health.
- Immunize 09:00-11:41, break for lunch, restart 12:36-14:30
- Nurses are going to be set up in the gymnasium. This will ensure plenty of space & clinic flow and allow staff and students to practice social distancing.
Clinic Flow & Processes:
- Students will be called down by grade, starting with the grade 8s and working their way up to grade 12s by the end of the day.
- The goal is to immunize an average of 6 kids every 10 minutes
- After students have had their shot, they will go and wait in the “aftercare” section for around 15 minutes.
- All kids can REGISTER beforehand in ImmsBC and Northern Health encourages all kids wanting vaccination to do this. REGISTERING is different from BOOKING an appointment. There is no need to have a BOOKED APPOINTMENT through Imms BC website. The students will be treated as a “walk-in”.
- Students who have not registered can still be immunized.
- Kids will need identification, this can take many forms (school ID Card, bank card) but ideally they will have their BC Care Card with their Personal Health Number. Northern Health realize this can be a barrier and their nurses & manager are very adept at working with people to confirm their identity in all matter of ways. At other clinics, some kids have come with notes from their parents with PHN written down, for example. School staff can also be used to give proof of identity.
The BC Ministry of Health provides good information for Youth aged 12-17 and the Covid-19 Vaccine on their webpage. It covers helpful areas like Mature Minor Consent for vaccination.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school at 250-842-5214.