Below are the safety procedures for students returning to school:
- Signage put up at front doors. Please read and follow the recommendations as set by the BC Health Authority.
- Please maintain at least a 2 metre physical distance between staff.
- Students and staff will be required to wear face masks in common areas such as hallways, washrooms and the cafeteria if being used by people outside their cohorts.
- Any students or staff needing access to the office or the adjoining principal’s office must wear a mask and maintain physical distancing.
- The physical distancing is applicable at all times and all areas. Please be mindful of others.
- Available washrooms: All washrooms will be open for student use. Only two people per washroom.
- All surfaces touched in the washroom will be wiped down twice per day
- Parents will be given a daily health checklist to complete for their child before the student can go to school.
- Students are expected to be at school every day unless they are sick.
- Parents will phone the school (250-842-5214) whenever a student is sick and cannot be at school.
If students are sick
- If students are sick, they are to stay at home.
- If students have any of these symptoms, they must stay home so that they do not get other people sick:
- Runny nose
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore Throat
- New muscle aches or headaches
- If you have symptoms, parents/guardians should contact 8-1-1 and follow their guidance
If students are sick while at school
When a student starts showing symptoms of what could be illness, influenza or COVID-19:
- Parents/Guardians will be contacted to come and pick them up right away.
- We will have a separate and supervised area in the main office where we can promptly separate a child from others until their parent/guardian can come and pick up the student.
- It is really important to stay/go home if you are sick.